Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
The North Carolina WIC Program provides supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals to health care and community resources.
The Granville Vance Public Health WIC Program has moved to an electronic benefit transfer system called eWIC. Instead of paper food instruments, food benefits will be issued to an electronic benefit account. Families will use their eWIC card and PIN to access their food benefits at the grocery store following a shopping list provided at the local agency.
To check your benefit balance, purchase history, and account information:
- Call eWIC Customer Service toll-free 24-7 at 1-844-230-0813.
- Login to www.mybnft.com
- Download the Bnft™ app on your smart phone.
- Learn more about the Bnft™ mobile app (MP4; Requires an MP4 player, such as VLC media player)
To qualify for the North Carolina WIC Program an applicant must:
- Be categorically eligible: Pregnant woman, Breastfeeding woman who has had a baby in the last 12 months, Woman who has a baby in the last 6 months, Infant, or Child up to 5 years of age.
- Live in the state of North Carolina.
- Meet the income eligibility requirements for the program.
- Meet with a nutritionist for an assessment and consultation.
An applicant is required to bring in proof of residence, proof of income, and proof of identification. If you receive Medicaid, Food Stamps (SNAP Benefits), or Work First then you automatically meet the income requirements for the WIC Program.
Income Guidelines: Federal Poverty Income Guidelines Effective July 1, 2018
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement